Need to pass a Moves in the Field test? Coach Jill can help. It’s important to be sure the coach you’re looking for understands the proper technique for moves in the field. Coach Jill offers friendly guidance along with over 20 years of experience in Illinois coaching figure skaters. Coach Jill offers private lessons for skaters of all levels at multiple rinks across Illinois. Below are some examples of Moves in the Field tests Coach Jill can help you with:
The Pre-preliminary The purpose of this test is to encourage beginning skaters to learn the fundamentals of ice skating. No great deal of technical ability, carriage or flow is expected. The skater must show knowledge of the steps, fairly good edges and some evidence of good form.
- Forward perimeter stroking
- Basic consecutive edges
- Forward right and left foot spirals
- Waltz eight
The purpose of this test is to continue the encouragement of skaters starting out to learn the fundamentals of free skating. The skater must demonstrate knowledge of the elements and a good sense of power (speed/flow). A relationship with the music should be attempted in the program. The skater must complete the following elements with music.
- Forward and backward crossovers
- Consecutive outside and inside spirals
- Forward power three turns
- Alternating forward three-turns
- Forward circle eight
- Alternating backward crossovers to backward outside edges
The purpose of this test is to continue the encouragement of beginning skaters to learn the fundamentals of ice skating. The skater must show knowledge of the steps and a good sense of power (speed and flow). Attention should be given to depth of edges and proper curvature of lobes.
- Forward and backward perimeter power stroking
- FO-BI three turns in the field
- FO-BO three turns in the field
- Forward and backward power change of edge pulls
- Backward circle eight
- Five-step mohawk sequence
Ice skaters must skate the correct steps and turns on good edges, with good form, flow, power and preciseness to their steps.
- Stroking: forward power circle
- Stroking: backward power circle
- Eight-step Mohawk sequence
- Forward and backward free skate cross strokes
- Backward power three-turns
- Forward double three-turns
These are just some of the tests that are administered by USFS judges in a controlled setting called a test session. Other Moves in the Field tests include: Intermediate, Novice, Junior, Senior, as well as Adult Pre-bronze, Bronze, Silver, and Gold. Coach Jill has experience guiding ice skaters through all testing levels. With a coach guiding you through the testing, it’ll help you not only pass each test but feel more confident during the process.